Parked domain being "hijackd"?!
Ok guys, I have this crazy thing happen to me last week. I remembered that one of my domain was paked at namedrive.com . And I lefted it unattended for about 2months time. Then one fine day I was just checking how's it went, how's the landing page like ...etc.

To my surprise, when I type in the url into my browser, I arrive at a landing page which was not the "usual" nor "familiar" page to me! It wasn't my "supposed to be" landing page! I checked back my domain registrar, yup the domain is still mine, registered under my name, and then I check my namedrive account. Pheeww, it is still there!

Fortunate enough for me, that I contacted the parking company to look into it, and try to solve it for me. Well, after which, my "domain" back to waht it supposed to be:o ! But I do not know how long it has been "not" my landing page! and thinking about the possible PPC revenue lossese...

So I am very PUZZLED!! How on earth this could happen ??:eek: I learn from somewhere that it is called "DNS" hijacking or something like that. Anyone has such bad experience before?
Very interesting ...the same thing happened to me with a name I'd registered at godaddy ..took a bit of writing back and forth, but I reclaimed it. Perhaps, the hijackers just are preying on all of us who often buy names and don't do something with all of them.
Seems like a lot of work for about $8 tho lol.
I always thought namedrive.com was pretty respectable, so I would not suspect them right off, but it seems like it would have to be a hijack at the parking side of things or else just a glitch.
Nope, it is not the parking site that went wrong. In fact they helped to solved it. It was something to do with DNS hijacking which I don't really understand how it was done. I did some research and found out that it got to do with DNS redirection or sort of. I am still unsure how it was done.

But I think those hijackers are paying their attention and follow on those domains that are parked and then "abandoned" for some time, just like my case.
I'm kinda puzzled too on how this happened. Unless someone at namedrive.com did this or someone has your login info for your account. The place doesnt seem to be very secure if things like this happens.
What were the hijackers getting out of it? The page they substituted for yours must have been generating income for them, in the same way yours was for you? I'm just curious about what the hijacker's page was like.
Interesting. Never heard of that. So with the redirect they would just send the traffic to their own site I guess?
llegent,
do you know if the site actually had a different page attached to it, or did the traffic get redirected to a different landing site?
It could definitely happen. Happened to my friend.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,644 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,606 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,508 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,720 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,225 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 2,016 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,094 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,843 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,967 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,904 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM