Poll: Singular and Plural Domain?
Only register singular version.
Register plural version when singular version is unavailable.
Register both!
[Show Results]

Registering both singular and plural domain?
Would like to conduct a survey to know if you guys would register both singular and plural for your domain(s)? Well, it is not uncommon practice that some domainers do catch and register the plural version if they couldn't get the singular domain. Could this might due to the potential opportunity to snatch some traffic for the singular domain version.Cool

How do you actually see the potential of plural version for a domain?
I think it largely depends on the name and whether a plural version makes sense. It's something I hadn't thought of so it's imprinted now, but, if most people are like me, they type in as little as they have to when searching.

Also, just from the search engine point of view, when I research something, I stopped pluralizing a long time ago for the first try. Plural is the backup.
Your poll dosent allow people to select Plural Only. Sad Although I agree with vicki that it depends on the situation, I think, however, that plural generally fits the situation better. For instance:
Cars.com is better than Car.com
Dogs.com
etc.
Oooppsss...I wasn't really aware that some plural could potentially perform better than singular domain!:p No wonder I still have no luck in reaping reward in my domain investment so far!!:mad:

Looking thru your sample, I agreed that Cars.com would indeed perform much better especially for type-in traffic! Well, people will like to search for more options when they are looking for car related information. emm...I got to re-look into my portfolio again!Cool
I think the plural is better than the single.
Dogs.com and cars.com are good plural examples, I'll admit. Don't know why I'm stuck in the singular world, but I know it's how I search.
Well people generally want to buy or look for information on "dogs", not on "dog"... and the same applies with most things..
Singular and plural are both great but it really depends on the name in question.
Thats a good point about dogs and cars .com, which I think just goes to show that it really does depend on the domain. When I registered my last domain, a plural, I was thinking I would get the singular version, as well. Then it was pointed out to me that people were going to be expecting the plural. It's a case by case sort of thing.
Then, of course, there are some that cannot be pluralized - initials, and such like. Or adjectives/adverbs. (For example, interesting.com - there is no plural.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,652 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,607 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,510 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,720 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,226 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 2,016 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,094 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,843 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,968 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,905 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM