Scams with Paypal??
A few years ago, a woman answered an ad for processing checks, at least I was under then impression it was an ad. She ended up doing jail time because the checks were fakes.

It isn't the Paypal scam, but I bet she responded to one of the same emails being discussed.
I hadn't heard about that one but it's a good thing to know about and watch out for. The problem is that phishers and scammers change their tactics constantly so everyone has to be constantly vigilant in order to avoid getting had by them.
I probably saw it before, but I noticed the last time I was at the PayPal site, they have a specific section for dealing with scams that may be of interest to people concerned about them.

I think the link was in the lower left side of the page if I'm not mistaken.
I'm usually also very paranoid in these kind of matter, people always find a way to make scams. In this case I also belive that with your e-mail they can't do anything unless they're trying to search your password to get into your pay-pal account no matter if you give it to them or not, you know that there're ways to get someones password.
That's true. It was reported a few years ago that somebody hacked into the US Army database.

I haven't researched the story, but I assume there's enough truth to it to be concerned in general.
I ended up closing my account with paypal and opening a new one after a change of residence... they didn't accept a change in country! And I sent them a notice about the feelings I had, but they never replied.
That would be a great resource to have. I'd like to read about someone hacking into the US Army database too. That story sounds like it would be pretty incredible to read. Whoever did it is going to be in seriously hot water.
Also there is another scam through e-mails and I really can't believe people do fall for it. It's an e-mail where you will receive money from a rich man that recently died and want to share his fortune, jaja you just have to send information so they can give you the money.
My latest thing is to return their letter to me with all the grammar and spelling corrected. I would think that someone with a big and important law firm in South Africa could afford to hire someone fluent in English to write letters.
That's true, also there is another from UK, someone looking for nanny or aupair for their kids, but first they have "two son" and then "they will be glad to receive anyone that can help them with their "daughther" ??? (what happen with the "two son") lol