Scams with Paypal??
I usually report these people. But to be honest, at times I don't. Some times there are just so many of them that it would literally be a full time job just for me to report these. Still, I mostly report them.
I think even people that are more "modern" fall for one scam or another... specially those that ask for people to help them get 10 millions out of the country and they"ll share it with you! It is not only the phishing.
The first time I read the e-mail about someone who needed help depositing money. It was from another country. I read it completely. I was amazed that someone was taken in by this. What is the attraction? Free money.
I once collected 3,411 of them in a single year. I just wondered how many I could get. I was happy to be able to inform the Crown Prince of Nigeria that his mother and sisters were all alive and well! It was such a wonderful feeling being able to reunite the family after the war split them apart.

Of course after I informed each one that the others were alive and therefore they wouldn't be needing my services after all, I never heard from them again.

Typical snooty royalty.....
The royal family tale must be written. Do you write fiction for a living? You could probably do it very successfully with that imagination and talent. I want to know how it all turned out in the end.Smile
The Nigerian royalty ones are some of my favourites. The first time I read one of them I couldn't believe the length that phishers were going to to try to trick people and was truly astounded that that kind of story would be taken as legitimate by anyone.
RFL1986 Wrote:The Nigerian royalty ones are some of my favourites. The first time I read one of them I couldn't believe the length that phishers were going to to try to trick people and was truly astounded that that kind of story would be taken as legitimate by anyone.

Well, maybe they do it believen that old saying, that there's no such thing as easy money. Everything requires even a little work to make it believeable! And then they copy it many times over!
Haha. It kills me that it's always the same story every time as well. The first time it can at least be a tiny bit believable but when you get the exact same couple of paragraphs over and over with only minor variations it's so incredible to believe that people would get tricked by it.
Unfortunatelly most people fall for those things and get smart after they've been tricked once. So I'm one of those that doesn't trust anything and anybody! Maybe I'm an extremist, but I feel better that way!
Tater,
As I posted, I used to collect those emails. I read several of them. I stopped because they were all virtually identical. "Husband" might be changed to "wife" "daughter" or "son".....and the pronouns altered to fit, but other than that they were identical.

Grace,
A number of people around the net have written out the story and have done similar things to what I did.

Scammers never quit....