When selling a domain?
When selling a domain for how long do you buy that domain? 1 year, 2 years? for how long?

and buying it for one or more years, would that effect it's price? I mean the longer the more the domain will cost? or it won't make any difference?
When you buy a domain you are buying the right to own it for the period of time left on its registration. I have bought names that are expiring in a week. If I just bought the name and did not go into myaccount and renew the name for another year or two I would have lost the name.

So you only have rights to the name as long as its registration is paid. Some people register the domain for ten years! I ususally only do so for one year at a time. The reason is all my names are for sale and so why pay for more than one year at a time.
Thanks for your help Smile. So it's better to buy it year, year right? as it won't make any difference.

Thanks
Tcm9669
Some companies offer (small) discounts on multiple years. You can probably save around $30 on 10 year registration if you register the domain for 10 years in one go, nstead of renewing every year. But as goodkarmaco said, it isn't worth it if you are going to sell the domain anyway.
I guess that, unless you are actually developing the domain, is not really worth to register it for more than a year or 2 at a time. We registered ours for 5 years, since we are actually developing it and still working on it. And according to my partner, we had a great deal doing it this way. I haven't seen the prices, I only get into the creative side of the development.
zach Wrote:Some companies offer (small) discounts on multiple years. You can probably save around $30 on 10 year registration if you register the domain for 10 years in one go, nstead of renewing every year. But as goodkarmaco said, it isn't worth it if you are going to sell the domain anyway.

Well discounts you mean like godaddy makes the discount right? not the people that are buying it, right? but let's say that I'm going to buy it for just selling it but I still buy it for example, 10 years, would that mean that the buyer of the domain has to pay me for the years that are paid, for example only one year passed from the 10 years, so the buyer has another 9 years of the domain registered, would that mean that he has to pay me for those extra 9 years? besides the domain price?
I registered all my domains for a period of one year. I have to test the waters first. If all goes well then maybe I can renew for a longer time.
Yes but you are talking about developing the website right? Here I'm asking what to do if you plan to sell it, without developing it.
it doesnot matters if your are only going to park that domain. If you are planning to build it and then sell , then u need to have good amount of time before selling it
I buy for one year at a time if I can help it. I think .MOBI are still sold for two years minimum. I guess this happens with all new top level domains.

I just registered ALLiPhoneTones.com. I plan to affiliate with ring tone sales, and then try to sell it after the minium 60 day wait.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,644 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,606 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,508 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,720 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,225 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 2,016 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,094 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,843 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,967 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,904 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM