Your input on "visionbuzz.com" please.
Sorry about that. I went through my stats again and so far visionbuzz.com looks legit, and i'm still getting hits from them.

Is this a new site?
webalien Wrote:Sorry about that. I went through my stats again and so far visionbuzz.com looks legit, and i'm still getting hits from them.

Is this a new site?

I don't know. I could 't find any relevant information about that site. Until more people join or I see better access on the site, I will not even consider joining my blog there.
Hmmm conflicting views. I dunno Berlin, if you don't feel good about it I would go with your initial gut feeling Smile
Gigi Wrote:Hmmm conflicting views. I dunno Berlin, if you don't feel good about it I would go with your initial gut feeling Smile

I do believe in following my gut feeling! There are things that don't seem right with this website. And I rather not have their traffic than regret later joining them. It is a gut thing! LOL!
I'm with you Berlin. Every time I've ever ignored my instinct, I've been sorry.
Accer, I was just waiting to hear your opinion! LOL! I do follow my instinct most of the time, and I haven´t been sorry more than 3 or 4 times in my life!
I would agree and I also wonder why it is so limited in scope? If it was legit wouldn't it be open to more blogs.
webalien Wrote:Sorry about that. I went through my stats again and so far visionbuzz.com looks legit, and i'm still getting hits from them.

Is this a new site?

The WHOIS indicates that it was created on June 3, 2007... so yes, its very new.

Jusging by everyone's comments, it appears to be referal spam. They might use a program like PRStorm which uses hundreds of proxies (500+ in the defualt installation).. that would explain the hits. Just a suggestion and I may be wrong.

Again... did you check the IPs to find out whether they were real people and not just proxies?

Zach
Just another note on the visionbuzz.com's legitimacy:

They show a screenshot of a traffic statistics report with what looks like 3 months of data. The screenshot is too small to draw any sound conclusions, but it does make people think that visionbuzz.com is doing well.

But look at it this way:
How can they have 3 months of stats if the domain hasnt even existed for a year?

Either those are not their stats, or... uh... the stats are misleading.

Zach
Zach,
You're right, I hadn't even thought of doing it that way. Thanks for the information. Every little bit helps.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you input your Meta Tags? llegent 6 4,867 08-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Last Post: deelip