Your own name as domain?
I have two of my friends that are registering their own names as domain. One is a journalist and has a lot of experience, so it is easier to see what she's done there. The other one is more of an artist/interior designer... I know that they only want to build it up for their own buisness... but unless your name is "Tom Cruise" what are the chances of selling your own name's domain???
I have a domain in my own name and 6 others with the RN prefix. It more for creating a brand which I beilieve I am achieving.
I think I would be jealous if someone ended up as my own name as a domain. They could do mean and horrible things with it. What if I suddenly became famous? Haha, things like that...I tihnk for many they know the internet is here to stay and they want their own little piece of it indefinitly. Smile
Well domain with own name would be great and if you are popular person than your domain is hot. Aquarian has a whole chain with RNC brand.
Gigi Wrote:I think I would be jealous if someone ended up as my own name as a domain. They could do mean and horrible things with it. What if I suddenly became famous? Haha, things like that...I tihnk for many they know the internet is here to stay and they want their own little piece of it indefinitly. Smile

That's exactly wht I'm thinking! What if I become famous? I better register my name as a domain! LOL! well, for now I think I'll stick to what I'm doing!
Haha I am glad I am not the only one. Who knows, after all people are made famous over night all the time, thanks to our rabid media! Maybe your grandkids some day would want the domain to do a tribute to you, or anything Smile I think it is a good thing to have.
Wait a minute, I thought we were famous?
Well I know you are very famous person for me with your RNC brand.
I wish I could get my first and last name .com domain.

Unfortunately someone with a PHD has it. So I had to settle for the .NET
I would hate having my own name as a domain. It would serve no purpose at all either. That would work if you had a famous and recognizable name.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,602 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,603 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,503 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,715 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,224 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 2,013 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,093 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,841 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,966 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,904 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM