program to be learn
I'm going to buy a hosting for a blog that I will be creating on Wordpress .org. Do I need to learn some programming to be able to use the hosting that I buy.

Please help me!
Just be sure to go through the tutorials at Wordpress.org. They are helpful when it comes to manipulating your blog.
The tutorials should be enough to do basic maintenance but it's always worthwhile (if you're interested) to learn some basic coding, be it HTML, PHP or other. Most bloggers are able to get by on the tools they have available to them though.
You won't need to know a huge deal of coding for a blog, some hosting companies will provide you with the ability to set up a blog on one click and get going. Don't worry Wink There are loads of tutorials around also.
In my limited experience with freewebs and blogspot, I've done what I wanted to do using their templates.

Good luck and post a link when your blog is up. Cool
Yes, please do post a link for us when you have the blog up and running. It's always good to see what other people are doing with their blogs as we can all learn from each other.
RFL1986 Wrote:The tutorials should be enough to do basic maintenance but it's always worthwhile (if you're interested) to learn some basic coding, be it HTML, PHP or other. Most bloggers are able to get by on the tools they have available to them though.

I would like to learn some more about this, could you suggest a starting point please. I have been blogging for a few years but I want to move control of what I can do. I may be a slow learner as I have learned things as I went along, they didn't even have computers when I was at school.
justontime Wrote:I would like to learn some more about this, could you suggest a starting point please. I have been blogging for a few years but I want to move control of what I can do. I may be a slow learner as I have learned things as I went along, they didn't even have computers when I was at school.

Yes, it's definately worth learning basic computer coding. Start with HTML (Hyper text Markup Language) and then move up to javascript, and then php and perl.

There are numerous free tutorials online. For HTML, you should definately start by checking out this tutorial:
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_intro.asp

Then start viewing the source code of the webpages you visit and see if you can understand how it fits together. That's how I started...

Zach
Thank you, I will make a start on the tutorial you suggested. I have a blog on blogger so I am used to looking at HTML and adding stuff from elsewhere, I am getting better at recognising why something doesn't work, so this should really help.
Wordpress is really good about helping you through all the basics. As you start learning more, though, start teaching yourself more of the coding. It'll help you down the line when you want to customize even more or start other websites.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart Web Hosting Affiliate Program Suggested $150 amanwaa 0 1,044 01-22-2019, 10:21 AM
Last Post: amanwaa