Building page rank
It seems more difficult than ever to get page rank. How do you all get quality links in order to increase your rank?
One thing that is always important to do is link to established, mainstream sites. If you're writing or promoting within a category always make note of who the big players are and when you're reading for news link back to the stories you're sourcing.

As for backlinks, posting on other people's blogs within the area that you're working is always a great idea for traffic generation. Forum signatures work well too and the more time you put in the better your results will be.
I've heard that google is cracking down on back links, especially when it comes to forums. I'm not sure how they are doing it, but they are.
I have learned that these can increase page rank: link backs done through hardlink exchange, linking to high PR related sites, forum signatures, blog submission. Hope this helps. Smile
I wonder how Google plans to crack down on forum links? Also, how much of a problem is that method of traffic herding really that it warrants some kind of punitive treatment? I think forum linking (when it isn't spam) is one of the best, legitimate forms of raising your PR.
I wonder how long Google can justify all the measures it takes to make it difficult for the small site owner to be seen on their searches?

It seems they only want those who spend tons fo money on advertising to really benefit from their traffic.
SageMother Wrote:I wonder how long Google can justify all the measures it takes to make it difficult for the small site owner to be seen on their searches?

It seems they only want those who spend tons fo money on advertising to really benefit from their traffic.

I suspect they won't change their plan as long as they continue to have the success they're having.

I guess we can always try the other options for advertising.
That's a really good point. Google spends a lot of time and resources in fighting off those who are trying to take advantage of loopholes and such in their PR system but it seems like mainly their policies are just designed to make it increasingly difficult for small sites to grow and become profitable.
A few months ago, Google tried disallowing links on blogs hosted outside of Blogger. Blogger, especially the pro bloggers, started leaving in droves.

Google rethought that tactic and started allowing links again, but I think the damage has been done, just as they started telling people from certain countries that their Adsense referrals would no longer bring compensation, and then having to soften that position.

Google might see less growth than in the past. It might take time for them to notice it, though.
Wow, I can hardly believe the linking rule they tried to implement. That along with the exclusion from AdSense for certain countries is absurd. Hopefully the backlash from these kind of activities will act as a lesson for Google.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Alexa rank in SEO? sonyrobin 10 3,326 03-30-2022, 10:43 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  What is more helpful in SEO? on-page or off-page? sinelogixtech 2 1,901 10-26-2018, 04:33 AM
Last Post: Rachana006
  on Page virginoilseom 3 2,259 08-09-2018, 05:46 AM
Last Post: adibitar69
  Page rank sinelogixtech 3 2,740 06-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Last Post: sonyrobin
  What is Advantage And disadvantage of link building..? tourexplo 4 2,186 04-25-2018, 10:15 AM
Last Post: adibitar69
  Web page optimization strategy xiaolanzhuji 4 2,169 03-26-2018, 04:25 AM
Last Post: seoexploring
  on-page optimization virginoilseom 2 1,966 12-16-2017, 05:34 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Page hijacking virginoilseom 3 1,931 12-11-2017, 09:11 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur
  Manual or automatic link building? Shortie861 6 3,490 12-11-2017, 04:47 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  How important is Page Rank to you? Shole 6 3,685 12-07-2017, 06:50 AM
Last Post: virginoilseom