Choosing a Domain
What are the tools that you use in choosing/speculating a domain? I only use overture because that's the only tool I know. I've made bad decision in the past. I bought crappy domains.

Any tips for me?
Well, in my experience, we chose the name and then we did a search for it in google and it said they couldn't find anything by that domain. Then when we went to buy it and the hosting place, they said the name was available. I'm not sure if my partner used any other tools, at least I'm not aware of it. But I'll ask him when he comes in today. Me and my ignorance of all these things, I didn't know there were more than one way to know, or they have specific tools for that.
I suggest you to use domainideas.com for domain choosing process.
You can see good alternatives if the desired domain are already taken. I also use keyword suggestion tool on digitalpoint.com.
Thank You all. Great suggestions, I plan on using . For someone new this is valuable advice.
Good links Kisna! I already tried both sites.

Domainideas.com helps in getting alternative domain names. It's also helpful in creating wrong spelling of sites for type ins. It's a cool website.

I think I have visited digitalpoint.com before. It sounds really familiar. :-) Anyways, there are lots of helpful tools there. The good thing is that most of the tools are free (or all free?). I downloaded the Search Engine Positioning tool.
I am not a professional domain name creator, but I like just to find something snappy and I like to use the registar services that will check on the names for you and they will give you suggestions of similar names that match the ones that you are inquiring on. But, like you said, if you search for a site by typing it in and it is not existing, then why is it not available to buy?
That's a good question, and one I don't know the answer to myself. I would love to find out, though.
You can get the domain here http://www.goresellers.com/ and also get reseller plan,hosting,domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc...
spieler45 Wrote:But, like you said, if you search for a site by typing it in and it is not existing, then why is it not available to buy?

That answer is quite simple really. Some people buy a domain and park it or do nothing with it. Since it is new, Google or other search engines have no way to find it since there aren't any outside links pointing to the domain. If they can't find it, they can't index it.

To find non existing sites, you have to type it in at a registrar. Even then, some will only list certain extensions.

Hope this helps.

Quote:I suggest you to use domainideas.com for domain choosing process.
You can see good alternatives if the desired domain are already taken. I also use keyword suggestion tool on digitalpoint.com.

Thanks a million for these links Kisna! They helped me find some outstanding names. I wish I had these ages ago.
shabna Wrote:You can get the domain here http://www.goresellers.com/ and also get reseller plan,hosting,domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc...

thank you friend..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,332 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,586 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,480 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,707 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,213 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 1,996 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,082 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,828 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,959 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,891 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM