Domain with numbers?
Hi everybody! I was wondering, what do you think of domains with numbers in the title? Let´s say "cars4you" or "cars-4-u"? What are the chances of getting listed high? I have the feeling that it might not work all that well, unless people are looking for it in a very specific way. Please comment on this, since my partner and I are looking into a domain with a number on it to identify our website, and well, I know you are experts! Thanks
Those are not the good domains.
And have a very little chance to get high in search engines .
Thank you, Kisna... I think you are right, it is difficult to get listed on top, unless people are looking for it specifically and no through a search engine. We have to keep thinking of these things before making a decision, and it is a very important thing to decide! Thanks for your input!
berlinlife06 Wrote:Thank you, Kisna... I think you are right, it is difficult to get listed on top, unless people are looking for it specifically and no through a search engine. We have to keep thinking of these things before making a decision, and it is a very important thing to decide! Thanks for your input!

They are very different. Ranking high for "cars for you", that is not the same as ranking high for "cars 4 you". Search engines do not read the '4' as a 'for'.

I would assume that more people actually type the word 'for' than the letter '4', so the word is probably your best shot.. unless, as you states, people are specificaly looking for the numeral.
Yea I agree, its difficult to spread the word about domain names unless its something that's already in pop culture with numbers. Something significant like Y2K I would imagine would get a lot of hits on a search engine.
and so moving on to Zach's tip of the year: Register names that people recognize, unless you can MAKE people recognize it yourself (by branding it). If you register a domain by substituting numbers for letters, and no one else uses that substitution, your domain will not be valuable (it won't found by people looking for it, it will be wrongly typed in, search engines won't return your result for a search without the number, etc.)
I rarely see those type of domains high in search rankings, but they can still be successful if you know how to market them. 1&1 Hosting is a good example.
A domain that is able to be marketed is something everyone can use. But Zach's advice about a recognized name is great.
The established rule for the use of numbers as part of a domain name is that it is discouraged because of difficulty in retention. However, there is an exception where the use of numbers significantly help when it is an essential part of the business name.
Sometimes there are chances for the domain names to be listed if we concentrate well on SEO. I bought a domain name from TheWebPole which has 4u with the domain name. My website is listed in the second page itself. So not only the name is important the content and effort you take to get it ranked and using correct metatags are also important.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,339 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,589 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,483 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,709 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,214 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 1,999 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,084 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,830 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,959 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,895 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM