Is it wise to have long domains?
When it comes to choosing domains I was always taught that the best thing to do would be to choose something small and easy to remember so that if your site does hit the 'big time' visitors will not have a hard time remembering your url to give to others and use themselves.

Have you ever known someone to use a long domain name or done it yourself? If you have how did it work out? Would you consider using a long domain name?
I have always been against long domain names simply because long domain names are harder to remember. I always like for people to remember my domain name if they plan to come back and it being long it an easy way for them to either forget it or get it wrong.
(02-16-2016, 04:12 PM)Shortie861 Wrote: When it comes to choosing domains I was always taught that the best thing to do would be to choose something small and easy to remember so that if your site does hit the 'big time' visitors will not have a hard time remembering your url to give to others and use themselves.

Have you ever known someone to use a long domain name or done it yourself? If you have how did it work out? Would you consider using a long domain name?

I would suggest you go with short domains because long domains are difficult to remember and it is always advisable to register a domain within 255 octets. The short domain enable user remember it for long time
No, it is not wise for making long domain name. It is good to make your domain name that is too short and easy to remember at the time of use. Making the domain names, you should avoid special characters, alphanumeric number hyphens etc. Just keep it short and simple to remember easily.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs Williamhawk 0 1,777 12-15-2017, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Developing your domains? llegent 19 12,498 05-24-2012, 07:32 AM
Last Post: tomorrows
  highest PR your domains have reached annerz 11 8,866 03-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Last Post: mikestenger
  Monetizing domains mtajim 13 9,730 02-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Last Post: DomainAuctionsScript
  developing domains followyourbliss 21 13,648 12-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Last Post: tunnelvision
  Do people really get rich from parking domains? spieler45 9 7,708 02-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Last Post: echos
  CN domains for only 6.59 USD per year Abi-chan 0 1,759 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: