Scams with Paypal??
It's a good idea to pass the information on to them because it justs helps the service to be better for everyone who uses it in the long run. A good rule of thumb is never to follow the links when you get emails from PayPal (or fake PayPal phishers) but instead logout then go and sign in to the actual page to do your business. That way you're guaranteed not to be following a phishers bait.
I never follow links from emails!!! I´ve found so many being scams and phishing... specially from banks, but I have to do something about the Paypal issue... it is still in my mind and I know I will not be happy until I resolve it.
Writing them is definitely a good idea. They have their dedicated email address just for resolving and addressing these kind of issues and emailing them is one of the only ways that we can expect more phishers to get caught and the service to become more secure with time.
I agree with the posters above, and I'd definitely be interested in their response to your concerns, too.

Good luck with that. Cool
I have received phishing emails from "banks" that I have never used! This tactic must work for the people sending the emails. otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.
Yes they do work well to get our accounts messed up. Perhaps you're right about writing to Paypal concerning this. Do they have a direct customer service so that you could resolve it?
SageMother Wrote:I have received phishing emails from "banks" that I have never used! This tactic must work for the people sending the emails. otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.

That happens to me all the time, too.

I assume that they just send out so many emails, the odds are that they catch somebody now and then.
The word is phishing, which reminds me of the real fishing. You keep on casting again and again. Eventually you will catch something or someone.
Now I have another concern with Paypal. I wrote them and I'm waiting for an answer... I moved back to the US (yes, now I'm in New York) and I'm not able to change my address correctly on their page, because the country is locked! So, basically I don't know if I can actually use the same account or I have to close it and open another one.. so, I'm waiting.
I think the email address for scams is something like spoofs@paypal.ca but I know it's up on their website somewhere if you take a look. It concerns me to think of how many people get caught by phishers but the best thing we can do is be cautious ourselves and 'out' phishers when we find them.