What is your blog about?
It's a good idea to blog about any little thing that you are educated in. I think the most successful blogs are often about niche markets that haven't been tapped into yet. I run a music and literature blog which is mostly centered on the culture of the university town and big city I have had first-hand experience within.
Justontime:

I find that very interesting. What type of books do you typically read/review? I've heard that craft blogging has a good following.

justontime Wrote:I have two blogs and I am working on a third. My main blog is about my husband and his obsession with trains and railways. I know it sounds deadly boring, but really it is a way for me to stay sane. At first I was just writing it for myself, but I have regular readers in several different countries. I write an entry every day, It is not exactly a diary, just selected snippets of personal observation. Some aspects of my life are never commented on in the blog. My second blog is about books, mostly it is reviews of books I have read. The blog I am working on now will be about crafts
mom2manyboyz Wrote:Justontime:

I find that very interesting. What type of books do you typically read/review? I've heard that craft blogging has a good following.

I read whatever takes my fancy, I like crime fiction but I have written about all sorts of books, including childhood favourites, books about food, local history books, books about trains (my husband loves trains!). I don't always write glowing reviews but if I really don't like a book and I can't find anything good to say about it I don't write about it.
Could you post a link to your blog? I'd like to check out your non-fiction book reviews.
RFL1986 Wrote:It's a good idea to blog about any little thing that you are educated in. I think the most successful blogs are often about niche markets that haven't been tapped into yet.

I agree with that. It reminds me of hearing about a kid who sold a site that listing soccer scores for a lot of money.

Sometimes I think the saying "do what you love and the money will follow" applies to this kind of thing.
It's http://deadlipsucker.blogspot.com but there aren't any book reviews up yet, only CDs at this point.

Taggart, I agree with you completely. Blogging is a great opportunity as far as I'm concerned because it allows people to take their interests and actually stand a chance of gaining a living by discussing them. So many people are 'experts' on their hobbies.
mom2manyboyz Wrote:Could you post a link to your blog? I'd like to check out your non-fiction book reviews.

http://spineandjacket.blogspot.com/

As you will see it is a fairly new blog and I have to sort out a better index and there are a few other things to be tidied up.
It looks great. I read though some of the reviews already. Very smart way to work in those amazon links Wink

justontime Wrote:http://spineandjacket.blogspot.com/

As you will see it is a fairly new blog and I have to sort out a better index and there are a few other things to be tidied up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To the blog experts!! berlinlife06 23 14,400 01-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Varsha
  How to add a blog to a site? justontime 18 11,039 05-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Last Post: justontime
  Blog directory Paula62 12 10,209 10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Hoosierhunter
  Developing a Blog aladyover21 0 3,828 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: