who would buy a developed site and why?
Hi there. I have a pretty basic question about developing a site with the intention of selling it (once the traffic numbers are there). My question is: Why would someone buy a developed site?

Would it be like someone buying a company and keeping with the status quo (i.e. customers will see no difference) or do the buyers usually buy the site/domain, take it off-line, and come back with something totally different (i.e. buying "starbucks.com” and turning it into an astronomy blog?)

Also, what would be the best way to develop a site, a blog that may or may not complement the domain name, or should I act like I know what I'm doing by making it an information site?
Dev sites have more traffic then a fresh regged domains and some people like the domain name that why i bought the site I did went from a social bookmarking site to a Blog.

Dono, go with what you want.
The fundamental reasons for buying a developed site are traffic and revenue. The underlying quality is content which takes time and expense to create. A domain name, although having a role, is not the ultimate determinant. A quality developed site also has authoritative value (from SEO perspective) which is tough to get. Hope this helps.
i think if you develop the site in it's niche - you're only adding to the value of it. Why not spend a little time developing? It will only increase your sales profit.
but that's if you know how to all that SEO stuff lol
Great information
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amount of ads on a site Shortie861 0 2,455 02-28-2016, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Shortie861
  Why my Joomla site slow? shakemelikeapig 2 3,511 03-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Last Post: cocal10
  How to add a blog to a site? justontime 18 11,019 05-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Last Post: justontime
  How often do you use photos on your site? berlinlife06 7 6,120 11-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Last Post: berlinlife06
  How do you monetize a site for Adsense domaindare 0 3,397 05-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Last Post: domaindare
  Developing your site into yet another directory? llegent 10 8,750 12-26-2006, 07:46 AM
Last Post: kisna
  How to put rss feed on my site? deelip 4 4,802 08-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Last Post: deelip
  Idea for a site, but not sure how to implement shakemelikeapig 0 2,695 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: