Are forums good for search engines?
So do you guys think forums are good for search engines? I did a little reading on it and found that it depends on whether you use vbulletin or the other one (can't remember the name off the bat).
PhpBB and Vbulliten are the big ones.

When you ask whether they are good for search engines.. not more so than other sites. You can make your forum easier to crawl though, by rewritting urls and so on.
vbulletine is good for seo.
you may have heard about vbseo.
It helps the forum regarding to search engine optimization.
vB is very good I heard. When you have the word "forums" in your Forum Title I heard that brings in more search results. Like just the name without "forums" brings in a lot less results.
-thoma- Wrote:vB is very good I heard. When you have the word "forums" in your Forum Title I heard that brings in more search results. Like just the name without "forums" brings in a lot less results.

Well that would make sense if the word forum were in the title that they would get more hits, it is a keyword and in the title. I would expect that. I really like Vbullitien, especially this site...Wink
Quote:When you have the word "forums" in your Forum Title I heard that brings in more search results. Like just the name without "forums" brings in a lot less results.

Yeah, good point. I'll have to remember to include that. Sometimes it is easy to overlook the obvious. Smile

Forums are great, then, because other people are updating your site for you.
duck Wrote:Yeah, good point. I'll have to remember to include that. Sometimes it is easy to overlook the obvious. Smile

Forums are great, then, because other people are updating your site for you.

How do other people update your site? I am confused.
I guess I don't mean "update". I mean that forums add fresh content for you. Smile
Oh...okay, that make sense. Thanks for the clarification.
So they just add content , by posting on the forums?? Thankx, Echos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think of google customizing your search history? shakemelikeapig 2 5,060 06-29-2022, 06:26 PM
Last Post: snisdift
  Any good SEO solutions for my friend's site? Lougalvi 4 1,562 06-28-2022, 07:51 PM
Last Post: snisdift
  Change to search engine JesseVoss 1 1,769 07-30-2018, 09:33 AM
Last Post: adibitar69
  How to do search engine image optimization xiaolanzhuji 4 2,483 03-26-2018, 04:15 PM
Last Post: baldwinjackson
  SEO optimize search instructions xiaolanzhuji 1 1,857 03-14-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: michaeltim
  Search engine optimization saurabh mathur 1 1,849 02-28-2018, 07:02 AM
Last Post: MattHogan
  Search Engine Marketing? Williamhawk 10 4,364 02-26-2018, 05:19 AM
Last Post: michaeltim
  Why Search Engine is Not reading my website Meta Tags? Rayancaleb 0 1,804 02-24-2018, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Search engine optimization saurabh mathur 2 2,080 02-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Last Post: baldwinjackson
  Google introduces new features of the search console xiaolanzhuji 2 2,256 01-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Last Post: adibitar69