Do you have a domain developed that really makes money?
I agree, with what I am learning on this board, a domain name could be great, but you have to put alot of work in the site to make it reputable.
You can also add things to the domain to make it more valuable. That works for houses as well as domains. Building the value of things you own will pay off in the end.
Zach, how do you get traffic to that site and how long have you had it?

zach Wrote:I definately agree. A developed site can bring in a good amount of money.

If you ae getting money from parking, then developing your site will, in most cases bring in more. Figure out what your visitors are looking for and build your site around that.

By developing your name, you gain more control over your visitors. You enter a completely different world, where you have more options for monetization. Whereas in a parked site you can not encourage visitors (because it is against most terms of service agreements), you can use Search Engine Optimisation and paid advertising on developed sites.

More importantly, you actually make your site into a resource... that is, you turn it into a fake page which exists soley to make money into something that visitors are looking for.

I continuously develop my portfolio of parked names into developed names. As for the money, it depends on the niche. One site brings in about $260 a month on adsense. Without development it would bring in less than $1 a month. Another site brings in hundreds more, and again, without development, would be worth nothing or very little.

Zach
After reading the response by Zach I agree about working on things to add value. When your mind is set to work hard toward a goal of developing your domain. Then it pays off in every way. That's the opposite of a shortcut.
Maybe the trick is to have a really "stand up" site, something different from everything else, or maybe just slightly different from others, have stuff that others don't have. And I guess it could help to be directed to a specific group...
I've found that it depends entirely on the type of site you have. Try to find a niche group and flood it. If you are good, it should spread. That's how I would start.
My problem its been so far with the marketing aspect of it... It is hard for me right now to get more readers, although they are increasing in one of my blogs... on the other the visitors are pretty good. I had my record the other day with 107 visitors in one day! Yes I know, for the professionals that's nothing!! But for me is a whole accomplishment! LOL!
I'd listen to Aquarian and go for social bookmarking. It seems to be a great way to drive traffic to your site.
I know of other sites such as Associated Content, which tells their members to do bookmarking. It uses Digg.com , and delicious. It does work over time.
I've been doing social interaction with other bloggers... but I know I need to expand! Anybody knows a good Spanish sharing site? My blog that is in Spanish needs some new visitors!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,634 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,606 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,505 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,719 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,225 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 2,016 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,094 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,842 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,966 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,904 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM