Do you have a domain developed that really makes money?
That's Spanish site sounds interesting! I don't know of any of those with Spanish on them right now. I'll let you know if I do.
I think you are right, Berlin. Maybe parking a site signifies waiting until it will be more relevent on the market. I would only buy a doman if I thought I could use it immediatly, but that is me. Smile
Gigi Wrote:I think you are right, Berlin. Maybe parking a site signifies waiting until it will be more relevent on the market. I would only buy a doman if I thought I could use it immediatly, but that is me. Smile

Gigi, we think alike. I believe that if I am investing in something, it is because I want to develop it and have fun with it. Otherwise, at least for me, would be a waste... But that is just me.
I've come to the conclusion that if I'm going to pay to support a site then I'm going ot have to make it pay for itself.
I take that back...if it's something fun or for a hobby and you have the spare cash to devote to it, fine. Otherwise it needs to pay for itself.
berlinlife06 Wrote:I've been reading all over and see that many people have domains parked, but not so many have them developed. I am a firm believer that a good site can bring a lot of money... Am I wrong to think this? Am I just creating a fantasy in my head? If you have a good domain name, and you develop it into a pretty good site, how much money are we talking about? I want to hear from people that actually have made money out of this! Am I being just an idealist?

I am not sure about this. I thought the idea is to buy and sell domain names. If you develop a site and make layouts and add ads and make money why sell it?

Is it because you can add value just by showing it has traffic?
Can traffic value really make that big a difference?

If I had say 5 sites making $200 a month I would be happy with that. Why sell them?

So much to learn, Hurgoll Smile
Hurgoll Wrote:I am not sure about this. I thought the idea is to buy and sell domain names. If you develop a site and make layouts and add ads and make money why sell it?

Is it because you can add value just by showing it has traffic?
Can traffic value really make that big a difference?

If I had say 5 sites making $200 a month I would be happy with that. Why sell them?

So much to learn, Hurgoll Smile

I feel the same way. It's like remodeling your house so you can sell it. It seems like a waste of effort. I suppose there are some people who get their thrill from doing the start up work, and get bored once everything is running smoothly.
Yes I have a friend doing just that. They always remodel their house. Then when it's over she wants to sell it, and go somewhere else. I would definitely stay when I have been so busy.
Grace Wrote:Yes I have a friend doing just that. They always remodel their house. Then when it's over she wants to sell it, and go somewhere else. I would definitely stay when I have been so busy.

With the house example, I think it depends on how much you invested. If I buy a domain for $10, I develop it and start making $200 a month with that site, but I can sell it at once for $1000, I would seel it and develop another one... I see it as an investment that can bring in a lor more. Same with the house.
I also agree on development. After seeing the revenue that comes from adwords ... it's not even comparable to parking.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,662 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,607 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,510 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,721 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,227 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 2,017 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,094 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,843 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,968 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,906 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM