Power of forum signature.
It seems that it would be good to do a little research before leaving a sig on a post. Sorting your selections by PR would consume time in the beginning, but should bring better results than posting on just anything remotely related to your site!
^ Yes, most definitely. While it's beneficial to get your links out there, you don't want to burn bridges by appearing spammy and you don't want to attract the "wrong kind of crowd" either. Just keep an eye out and look around a place before you add a signature.
That would open up a lot of new areas for internet marketing. I always thought that forum signatures were a great space to advertise and link from and if they can be the focus of new market attention then it will be interesting to see.
Kitten Wrote:^ Yes, most definitely. While it's beneficial to get your links out there, you don't want to burn bridges by appearing spammy and you don't want to attract the "wrong kind of crowd" either. Just keep an eye out and look around a place before you add a signature.

I see a greater tendency toward spam when folks comment on blogs. It is overkill to comment with your link in the comment space when you can place the link in the information spot along with your email address.

I hate seeing a link to a site when it is obvious the comment is meant to draw traffic instead of adding good information.
triumph Wrote:One thing I might try is to go back and link to a new site in all my forum posts in all the forums I belong to. Over the years I have made a lot of posts. I wonder what would happen if all those posts turned to a new site right away.

I think the effect would be positive, but I've noticed that in some forums when you add a signature to a profile with existing posts, the signature is added to the previous posts but that doesn't seem to happen in all forums - Sometimes the signature only shows up on posts made after it was added.
sig changes for all your posts so how can you select different sig?, maybe a different sig for different forum.
I think you'd have to have different sigs for different forums depending on how many different blogs or sites you run. If all of your content was appropriate to the forum then it's probably all right just to leave it as is for each signature.
If you have different things to promote, I think it would be wise to use different signatures. That way your marketing is more focused on who would you want to visit you. But I still have to "see" the effectiveness of signature marketing.
Hi Deelip,

How many times do you think your forum signature's appeared in total across all the forums you've posted on?
Interesting topic!
Hi All,

On a related topic, does anyone have any opinion on whether the quality of the message posted/thread topic associated to the signature has any impact?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does forum signature linking work? Shortie861 8 3,872 12-11-2017, 04:42 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  SEO Optimization for Forum ddboards 4 11,771 08-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Last Post: adibitar69