Scams with Paypal??
I think there must be going some scaming around with Paypal. I was selling something on the internet, and one of the possible buyers offered me the money and asked me right away for my Paypal address, without even asking where to pick the item, or even if I shipped it... That was very suspicious to me, so I didn't give any information. Then yesterday, I answered a job searching for entertainment bloggers. They requested I send the URL for my blog and if it fit, they'll give me articles to place on my blog and get paid for it. I thought it was too easy, Oh and they explained that they paid daily throu Paypal, and asked to send also my Paypal address. Again, I didn't send it, I wanted to know more. I asked for an article and see if I wanted to put in on my blog and then we
ll be talking about getting paid... and again they said that they'll send it as soon as they got my Paypal address... Am I being paranoid? I tend to follow my instincts because this doesn't seen right! People are NOT SO EAGER to pay right away. What do you think of this?
I think you're right about the scam with Paypal. I have two accounts with them for over two years. I have Paidpostingtools.com that pays me every three weeks, or MORE. Associates Content pays with Paypal immediately. But I always get e-mail to up-date my Paypal acct. I have had my account accessed by someone else. When I stopped updating the account, it didn't happen again. I had to re-do my account with Paypal. I did from my main Paypal web page. Now the only person who pays me for posting is paid on Paypal weekly. He pays once a week.
There are blogging gigs paying through Paypal that are legit. I don't think you have to ever worry about giving your Paypal email unless you also give out your password.

For samples of your articles, you should have a few blog entries or articles published on other sites, like Associated Content, that you can use for that purpose. Just forward the URL to the person asking.

If that isn't enough for them then they can just move on. No point in doing an article for free and then giving it away.
I share your concern with those cases. The only PayPal scams I've seen were phishing emails, which I forwarded to spoof@paypal.com.

Have you considered contacting PayPal about this?
I think that PayPal is well aware of the Phishing scams. I got another one in my junk e-mail folder this morning. I just delete them right away. Once I had my account suspended with them, I do not want to go through it again. It took forever to reinstate the account. I just leave it alone now.
Grace Wrote:I think that PayPal is well aware of the Phishing scams. I got another one in my junk e-mail folder this morning. I just delete them right away. Once I had my account suspended with them, I do not want to go through it again. It took forever to reinstate the account. I just leave it alone now.

I'm not sure why you don't report the scams. Do you feel that forwarding them to PayPal isn't in your best interests?
Well, I haven´t contact Paypal because I have no proof that there might be a scam... I´m just being suspicious. What concerned me was that both times people were too eager to pay before even doing anything else, and that to me was just plain weird. Thanks for your inputs as always!!!
I did get some scam mails but when observed clearly it wasn't from Paypal but some site that used similar paypal name, anyways I never got scammed from paypal. It shocks me to listen to such cases. I need to be more alert with the transactions.
I usually don't leave much of a balance in my PayPal account, to theoretically have less money at risk.

I guess that's based on the assumption that my bank account is more secure.
berlinlife06 Wrote:Well, I haven´t contact Paypal because I have no proof that there might be a scam... I´m just being suspicious. What concerned me was that both times people were too eager to pay before even doing anything else, and that to me was just plain weird. Thanks for your inputs as always!!!
You don't need to supply proof. You just need to forward the information and the email to Paypal. In fact, they have an area where you can do this!