content
Associated Content basically buys anything they think they can sell based on topic or keyword. They don't look at the quality or fact check. Also, they pay the writers very little. I think you would be better off to contract directly with someone so that you could get the content you want.
technoflutemom Wrote:Associated Content basically buys anything they think they can sell based on topic or keyword. They don't look at the quality or fact check. Also, they pay the writers very little. I think you would be better off to contract directly with someone so that you could get the content you want.

Anyone know what they pay for a given article? Sounds like they would just end up with a lot of copyright violations and such. Seems like a dangerous position for them to be in. They could be held responsible for selling copyrighted content.
A writer, my wife actually, got in that same argument and ended up leaving over it. They were buying work from a second party producer (one who bought and stole work from other writers offering a pittance of a dollar or asking for work as a "test" article.) Since their minimum payment is $3, this second party producer was making a lot of money doing nothing but posting work. Sometimes, she probably made more. AC pays an average of $8 to seasoned writers but is known to give up to $14.

For writers, they hound on 2.3% keyword density using Text analysis, wordcount, keyword density analyzer, prominence analysis. When my wife asked for them to step up and run work through a site to test for plagiarism, they balked and stood behind it being the writer's fault if they plagiarise. The Internet is still the wild west.

The scary thing is some writers are just cutting and pasting pieces of articles found all over the net, and AC is buying. Personally, my wife knows someone who does just that. The last straw for her was the fact that some guy was selling AC videos made from the rides inside of disneyland and from the grounds, and AC insisted they are still compliant to Internet copyrights. AS if! I'm a stock photographer and filming the eifel tower, cadilac ranch, and any speck of dirt at Disneyland is a NO NO.

You know, infringing copyright can get your whole site banned from google.

My fear is that AC will sell stolen work to the wrong person and they will get in trouble. I dunno. It's a rats nest for sure.
you can go to elance.com and outsource a big project.
could prob pay $5 an article for quality work for 100+ articles or more.

alternatively i guess you could contact the journalism or writing program at your local university or college and either farm out work en masse or hire an intern to write for you all summer...

Smile
Don't overlook the world of blogs.

Someone who is already accustomed to writing on a near-daily basis should already be primed and ready for a project just for you. You can easily review their level of knowledge of the subject matter as well as their mechanical ability to write properly.

Sometimes the offer of a link to their blog is sufficient payment since many people blog ... no, *most* people blog simply because they like seeing their words and thoughts in print where there is a potential viewing audience. Ask them to blog about the article in return to drive their readers, who are already interested in both the subject matter and the author, to your site.
just place a not on buy and sell section here or in DP forums, you will get good qaulity writers there
Nod. You can also post an add on Craig's List. That ad will end up on Deb Ng's freelance writing jobs page, which will in turn be read by TONS of writers. These writers will in turn contact you, and you will be able to select from there. Another option is to contact a firm that hires writers for you. That way, you can work through the firm and not have to deal directly with a writer. If the content is not adequate, you need only mention the problems and they will work to make it right or find you a new writer.
Does anyone know anything about Associated Content?
You know, content writers don't necessarily have to slave over articles for such meager pay. I started out at $2.50/article (because I didn't know any better) but I have worked my way up to a much higher rate.
I would mention it in ad sections of forums. That way, you can see if the respendant's writings are up to your standards and possibly, if they know anything about the subject.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SEO optimization: what is high quality content xiaolanzhuji 3 4,316 12-04-2018, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Rachana006
  seo content tools virginoilseom 5 2,348 03-05-2018, 06:52 AM
Last Post: MattHogan
  Seo content optimization xiaolanzhuji 3 2,115 01-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: adibitar69
  How to Check Duplicate Content ? crackersguru 6 2,984 11-27-2017, 12:38 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Off shore content brokers? technoflutemom 10 7,274 09-22-2016, 10:59 AM
  Content? technoflutemom 7 5,357 08-01-2016, 11:57 AM
  Content? w_grace 1 4,015 05-09-2016, 09:43 AM
  3 Reasons Why Adsense Is Essential For Content Sites host3t.net 0 2,497 07-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Last Post: host3t.net
  Parsing RSS Feed into your site as new content? llegent 15 8,634 08-13-2006, 04:57 AM
Last Post: andreww38
  Keep Targeted Search Ads Separate From Content Ads christinaa 0 2,401 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: