Manual Traffic Exchanges
I have been experimenting with a couple of those manual traffic exchanges, as a free user of course. Hits to my site have gone up and I even got a couple of new subscribers for my mailing list, which surprised me.

Has anyone here considered starting their own traffic exchange?
SageMother Wrote:I have been experimenting with a couple of those manual traffic exchanges, as a free user of course. Hits to my site have gone up and I even got a couple of new subscribers for my mailing list, which surprised me.

Has anyone here considered starting their own traffic exchange?

What did you do? Can you explain more how did you get to it. I'm happy you are getting more people on your site. I have never done anything like that, but I would try it. I have had steady traffic, increasing everymonth... and I can't believe that its been a year already since I started my blog!
berlinlife06 Wrote:What did you do? Can you explain more how did you get to it. I'm happy you are getting more people on your site. I have never done anything like that, but I would try it. I have had steady traffic, increasing everymonth... and I can't believe that its been a year already since I started my blog!

I just chose a couple that seemed half way sane, and were free to join, clicked a few of the ads and then put a couple of my urls in the rotation. Nothing fancy.

I then looked at my stats and the urls the traffic came from.
Seems easy enough! I will do some research about it and try it to see how it goes. There is always an incentive getting more people to visit my site... thanks for sharing.
I think I want to make my own! I think they are fun to use and bet I could make one that works even better by adding more site to site exchange options.

I have no clue how to start though. LOL
Where is a good starting point for getting into manual traffic exchanges? It sounds like it's worth checking out so I'd like to get into it but I feel a bit lost. Is it just private contacts essentially or is there another resource for this?
RFL1986 Wrote:Where is a good starting point for getting into manual traffic exchanges? It sounds like it's worth checking out so I'd like to get into it but I feel a bit lost. Is it just private contacts essentially or is there another resource for this?

If you are asking about participating, you just do a search. There are lots of folks out there who really hunt for referrals because they bring rewards to the "team" with their activity.

I haven't tried getting referrals yet, because I just don't have the time!
I have done that it in the past but I haven't seen any good result from them. The visitors that you get will only stay for a few second then go on to the next site.
Thanks for the information. That sounds very interesting.

Is this kind of thing addressed in Adsense's rules? I googled the topic of "manual traffic exchange" and the site I saw seemed to suggest quality targeted visitors, but I just wonder what Adsense's take on that would be?
Taggart Wrote:Thanks for the information. That sounds very interesting.

Is this kind of thing addressed in Adsense's rules? I googled the topic of "manual traffic exchange" and the site I saw seemed to suggest quality targeted visitors, but I just wonder what Adsense's take on that would be?

Since one of the benefits of using a traffic exchange is your site rotating through other member sites, you would be carrying advertising that is not Adsense based.

A couple of the exchanges I have seen actually warn people that placing the exchanges code on their site will probably get them dumped by Adsense.

Another reason not to become dependent on Google.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you generate traffic nicnel 10 6,793 11-11-2017, 07:57 AM
Last Post: toursinfiji
  Anyone buying traffic for parked domains? triumph 10 7,769 07-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Last Post: haoping
  Type-in Traffic Question Ose 3 4,102 03-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mikestenger
  How to promote or generate traffic from domain parking? ernestdray 8 6,557 12-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Last Post: jooritse
  Which PPP should I use for Turkish Traffic? infernostudio 1 3,539 09-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Last Post: specXYZ
  Has anyone tried Link Referral for traffic?? ishan 4 4,555 11-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Ladybecklyn
  Blog carnvial = spike in web traffic for you! andreww38 0 4,101 10-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Last Post: andreww38
  Generating revenue for asia traffic? llegent 9 6,237 07-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Last Post: vicki2