Parsing RSS Feed into your site as new content?
Hello members,
I had a look at one of my site just now. It really look empty and "small" in term of the pages available (less than 15 pages at the moment)Sad. I am really concerned that it could only be possible to get "That Much" of pages being indexed by major search engines.

Instead of trying to come out with content, what if I were to create a section where I could parse RSS feeds into it, and create new pages evreyday?? Well, by doing this, it helps in enabling more pages created to be indexed in SE, and increase the chances of receiving traffic from search engines for my site isn't it?

How and what do you guys do to get more pages created for your general website??:p
Hi,
Are you refering to a website or a blog?
Blogs are easier to get indexed more easily cos they can ping update servers.
as a result their alexa and google rankings are much higher.

on the other hand, content management systems like Joomla has RSS built into them.

I find that tools like RSStoBlog can help bulk out a site and some bloggers have built sites of up to 70,000 pages using it.
you can check out more info at my aff link:
http://www.marketerschoice.com/app/?af=423963

or go to the site direct at http://www.rsstoblog.com
Hi andreww,
I am truly amazed by the number of pages of up to 70K by some bloggers!
emm..by the way, I am refering to a website, not forum and blog. Or would it be better if I were to have a blog the link to the website and help to boost up the number of pages?:confused:

At the moment, I have RSS parsing for my forum, roughtly about 15new pages are being built automatically each day. I have yet to go into blog yet...haven't have much experience in blogging at the moment, actually time is pretty tight for me as I am still "stuck" to my full-time job:p
Here's a question with regard to RSS feeds or similar. I know of one forum owner who has one site which is a straight forum with posts. He has another site which is a semi-blog thing but people post there. He lifts stuff from the blog site and moves it to the forum, but never credits the original writer ...it's posted as from him. I guess he can does this but it sort of smacks too.
llegent: thing with having 70k pages is that your host might complain. a lot of this software requires the ability to run CRON jobs to ping the XML-RPC servers, hence the high alexa and google rankings.

blogs are increasingly being recognized as websites in their own right, and because of the frequency of updates, are ranked much higher in the SERPs.

RSS parsing for yr forum. wow, cool. can i take a look at it?

i've been fooling around a little with joomla at http://www.whoisandrewwee.com/joomla
it's got a forum and blog built-in and RSS too.

but as always, i need time to look at it....
sigh.

the other thing to note is that if google feels you are spamblogging or content spamming, your site might get blacklisted from the search results.
Hi Vicki,
from my understanding, when a publisher publishes an RSS feed, others are free to repurpose it, including reposting. i believe it's a matter of courtesy to include a backlink to the originating source.

--
regarding forum postings, copyright vests with the forum and the author and it can similarly be repurposed.

--
but he should credit the orig writer or say something along the lines of 'orig published in xyz forum"

--

vicki2 Wrote:Here's a question with regard to RSS feeds or similar. I know of one forum owner who has one site which is a straight forum with posts. He has another site which is a semi-blog thing but people post there. He lifts stuff from the blog site and moves it to the forum, but never credits the original writer ...it's posted as from him. I guess he can does this but it sort of smacks too.
btw, if u wanna look at a 'scraped content feed', take a look at my blog at http://whoisandrewwee.com/videos/2006/08...odaddycom/

the RSS feed was scraped by these blogs at:
http://delwood.log-siding.info/archives/...GoDadd.php
http://vixta2129.thermal-transfer-ribbon...GoDadd.php

but it's not well executed.
their PRs and alexa's are non-existent.
Andrew, thanks. That's pretty much what I thought. I think I was just stunned at how discourteous that one particular owner was. He was reposting under his own name and giving no credit. What he was doing was working hard on his blog and the comments and then padding his own forum (which had few posting members) with lifts from the comments on his blog. Not illegal, of course, but damned shady if you ask me. LOL.
RSS content is a good way to flesh out a site with content. It may not be the best in terms of the serp, but depending on your visitors it can be a good added resource. I am also doing some tests with aggregating RSS feeds, but no results yet.

I use RSS content to flesh out all kinds of sites, forums, blogs, shopping carts and more.
Triumph ...but do you credit the writers when you pick up articles, etc? Just curious if this is a trend not to do so.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What needs to be done on the site‘s structural optimization xiaolanzhuji 2 4,411 06-28-2022, 10:36 PM
Last Post: snisdift
  Any good SEO solutions for my friend's site? Lougalvi 4 1,545 06-28-2022, 07:51 PM
Last Post: snisdift
  What are the ways to improve your WordPress site’s speed? Glaceptra 3 2,413 01-20-2022, 05:46 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  SEO optimization: what is high quality content xiaolanzhuji 3 4,316 12-04-2018, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Rachana006
  How to remove nofollow links from my site? MattHogan 0 1,292 10-25-2018, 07:48 AM
Last Post: MattHogan
  seo content tools virginoilseom 5 2,349 03-05-2018, 06:52 AM
Last Post: MattHogan
  The structure of the site has been optimized to make it more reasonable xiaolanzhuji 0 1,645 02-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Last Post: xiaolanzhuji
  Seo content optimization xiaolanzhuji 3 2,116 01-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: adibitar69
  What is the site optimization process xiaolanzhuji 2 1,958 01-29-2018, 06:39 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur
  What process is needed to optimize the SEO optimization of self-service site xiaolanzhuji 1 1,647 01-22-2018, 10:09 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur