Domain Parking Guide
I know this an old thread, however, I just wanted to say thanks to Zach for sharing some great information on parking. The strange thing is that even after 2 years, nothing with parking domains has changed much.
I understand why some of us park our domains, but feel that the best way to monetize a site is to develop a website and promote worthwhile products.

Captain Dave
Hehehaha Nice
that was good info but i didnt know that it was not easy to get into fabulous!
and what is that roar? i didnt understand!

thanks!
I anyone is interested I wrote a comprehensive article on my blog on how to setup Adsense for Domains using Namecheap as your DNS provider. Regardless of where your domain name is registered.

The article can be read here:
http://www.moolianaire.com/how-to-create...or-domains
zach Wrote:I have taken it upon myself to write a guide to domain parking for those who may be interested in using it as a method of making money through their domains.

The Idea Behind Parking:

Domain Parking is a method of capitalising on domains with traffic, but with no content. For instance, if you have purchased a domain name with traffic, but no website came with the domain, you can park it in order to capitalise on the traffic without having to develop the domain. Simply put, its another method of Traffic Monitization.

What is it:

Parking Partners (such as Sedo) host a pre-made website filled with advertisements on your domain. These advertisements are usually targeted to the specific keywords of the domain. For instance, if your domain is earlypoker.com, then advertisements will be targeted towards poker or gambling. Likewise, a parked page at parishiltonphotos.us would show advertisements related to Paris Hilton or celebrities. Some parking partners simply display advertisements from large external networks, such as Google Adsense, and some maintain their own network, such as the Roar.com network which Fabulous uses.

How it works:

Although parking partners differ, they usually adopt the same monitization model. The large majority of parking partners operate on Pay-Per-Click (PPC). Each time that a visitor to a parked site clicks on an advertisement, the owner of the parked domain receives a share of revenue. Some of that revenue goes to your parking partner (the company hosting your site), and the rest goes to the owner.

A small minority of parking sites use alternative monitization models. Some adopt affiliate programs, where in part of the revenue of a sale is shared with the domain owner. Depending on the revenue gathered per sale, the traffic to the parked domain and the rate of conversion of that traffic (how many visitors actually click on an advertisement and, in the case of affiliate programs, proceed to buy a product), this might bring in more revenue than the traditional PPC model. Yet, because this is rarely the case, and because of further disadvantages (e.g. it is very impractical for the domain owner and parking partner to track sales on the advertisers website; And the 'good faith' of advertisers to share their revenue is reduced when sales are both large in revenue but infrequent), PPC is more widely used.

Parking Partners:
  • Fabulous:
    This is one of the highest paying partners for some categories of names; for instance, mortgage names get around $9 - $12 per click on Fabulous. They run their own advertisement network (roar.com) which allows them to run some ads which other larger networks deny (adult, gambling etc.). A handy little tool for checking individual advertisement revenue can be found on www.roar.com (click on"Check bid prices").

It is not easy to get names accepted into fabulous. They are looking for high traffic names, and have asked many domain portfolio owners to test-drive their traffic first. You should usually present them with many domains at once, not just 20 or 30.
  • Domain Sponsor:
    This sponsor also gives high payouts (some being comparable to the high categories of fabulous). It is the choice of many domainers here. They allow auto-customizability, where the landing pages 'evolve' with each visitor to show the most targeted ads.
  • SEDO:
    Sedo runs a large domain selling website, and offers sellers (and other domain owners) the option of parking their domains with them. The benefit is that, if you are seeking to sell your domain at the same time, then you can centralise all of your domain activity on a single network.

Sedo has recently started a 'professional' parking service which returns greater revenue, but is only for high traffic domains.
  • GoDaddy:
    This domain registration company has started offering parking. You actually have to PAY THEM in order to show ads on your website. This dosen't make sense to most of us here at Domain Social, except that they are clearly trying to capitalise on new users who are not aware that most (if not all other) parking services are free.
This list is certainly not complete, but I just wanted to give a brief overview of some of the major players. If you have any other information which would be useful to this guide, then feel free to add to it by posting replies in the thread.

Hope this helps!

Zach

Hi Zach

Great post I'm currently using Imonetize

And yes when I first started with domaining I did make the mistake of parking my first domain with Godaddy I like them as a registar but paying for parking definately a waste.
Traditional domain parking offers no value to visitors, provides little reason for a visitor to return and will only diminish a domain name's value over time. Visitors are quickly becoming used to seeing the same parked pages with little or no valuable content.
hello

Domain parking is an extremely inexpensive way to secure a domain for later development, redirection of Web traffic, or re-sale. Domain registrants, or sellers, commonly offer domain parking free with domain registration, as there is virtually no cost involved with domain parking.

A parked domain includes one simple page. If the site is intended for development, the page will indicate it is under construction or coming soon. Domain parking can be renewed annually, and there is no deadline as to when a site need be developed. You might find you don’t have time, or you might decide to let the domain expire at the end of the contract, typically one year. In this case, the only investment lost is a few dollars.

Thanks

houses for sale chilliwack
Great information. I only knew godaddy and sedo as parking service so far. Thank you.
how can i earn throw domain parking
good and effective post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another domain is pointing to my site? Williamhawk 0 1,673 12-11-2017, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Best Parking??? eMilan 18 10,531 10-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Last Post: johnhood5678
  Monetize yr domain. target $10 CPM. andreww38 0 2,861 02-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Last Post: andreww38
  Verisign domain takedown proposal very worrisome benbenli 0 2,697 10-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Last Post: benbenli
  Whats your income of parking domains? deelip 34 17,110 07-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Last Post: giggos
  Best Domain Reseller Program todaynicname 13 10,849 02-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Quincy
  Best Parking Provider ? fourwings 16 10,358 10-20-2010, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Captain Dave
  kindly suggest some good typo domains for parking kuberan 9 6,232 03-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Last Post: mikestenger
  How to promote or generate traffic from domain parking? ernestdray 8 6,557 12-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Last Post: jooritse
  most successful parking program zach 14 9,837 03-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Last Post: SageMother